Powder Creek Cowboys
Code of Conduct and Rules of the Range
POWDER CREEK COWBOYS
MEMBER AND GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT AND RULES OF OUR CLUB
All participants and guests must always follow The Powder Creek Cowboys and The Single Action Shooting Society’s rules.
This Code of Conduct is intended to address behavior that detracts from our shooting experience. Any guest in violation of these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of access to our properties in the future. Powder Creek Cowboy membership holders may have membership privileges revoked without reimbursement at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
The Powder Creek Cowboys are committed to providing equal participation opportunities. Consistent with this commitment, The Powder Creek Cowboys do not discriminate because of the individual’s race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, HIV status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To participate, all individuals must be able to physically operate firearms in a safe manner in accordance with The Powder Creek Cowboy’s and The Single Action Shooting Society’s rules. Categories will be verified once a state or federal document is presented to establish age and gender as per the SASS Shooters Handbook, Page 5, Section 2, Paragraph 1.
Additionally, the following behavior listed here, but not exclusive, is explicitly prohibited and may result in expulsion from the property.
- Behavior that is unruly disruptive, threatening, or illegal in nature.
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment.
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Failure to follow instructions of Law Enforcement, guest services, or security personnel.
- Verbal or physical harassment of guests, participants, or club representatives.
- Any conduct deemed inappropriate or dangerous to any guest, shooter, or club representative.
- Conduct which results in damage to the facility or other property.
Additional Powder Creek Cowboy Rules:
- Please make sure you have Loading and Unloading table officers.
- Muzzles up on all long guns, open and empty while moving from carts to loading table
- Do not break the 170-degree rule. For those of you that use cross draws, do not break the 170-degree rule when drawing or re-holstering your pistols.
- Please watch your speed coming and going. It is 10mph.
- The plant and poke rule will be in effect at Powder Creek which means that you cannot drop shells into your shotgun until you have at least one foot planted. The only exception to this rule will be if/when the Rangemaster removes it for a specific Competition.
- A two-squib rule is in effect at Powder Creek. If you have two squibs on any given day, you will be asked to pack up your ammo and stop shooting until you can get your ammunition problem sorted out. This is a Powder Creek Rule and differs from SASS rules.
- Make sure you and your posse all have eye and ear protection.
- Wait to be called to the firing line by the timer operator
- Make sure to declare a broken gun as you are putting it down. The Timer Operator will take it to the unloading table after the stage is complete
- Never de-cock a weapon without TO permission. If it is cocked, aim it down range and pull the trigger.
- A dropped round is in play if it can be retrieved tabletop or higher. This is a Powder Creek rule and differs from SASS rules.12.
- PLEASE STAY with your posse.
- NO SMOKING on the boardwalks, the church pavilion, the stages or the restrooms.
- LEAD BULLETS ONLY. No jacketed rounds and no calibers less than a 32 allowed on the range. Shot shell MUST be #7 ½ in size or smaller.
- All other SASS rules apply.
- REMEMBER, everyone here is a safety officer. If you see something, say something!
Refer to the following links for more information:
Effective January 2023